Floating Production solutions
Polymer Seals and Materials for Energy Turret Systems
Due to an increase in deep water production projects, a key technology that has emerged is the use of FPSO (floating production, storage and offloading) vessels, which use turret swivel stack systems that are rather large in size and complexity. Internal turret mooring systems allow FPSOs to remain on location permanently, even in very harsh environmental conditions, and allow the vessel to be disconnected from its moorings to avoid severe weather, sea conditions and icebergs.
Our OmniSeal® seals with back-up rings handle these larger diameter sealing systems with ease. We developed a flexible and highly scalable technique to manufacture large diameter sealing systems, incorporating rings in Meldin® 5000 (PEEK based materials) that use a patent-pending, bending/welding/sintering process without any limitation in diameters.
- Jacket – Fluoroloy® compounds compliant with NORSOK M710 and API 6A
- Spring – Cobalt nickel alloy or UNS-R30003 for use in corrosive environments
- Temperature – From -254°C to 316°C
- Pressure – From Class 300 up to API 10000.
- Media – Crude oil, well fluids, sour gas, liquefied gasses, tar sands and chemicals.