Meldin® Polyimide 2000, 7000, 8100/9000
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics has developed the Meldin® 7000 series thermoset polyimide materials for highly demanding wear/friction and temperature applications such as thrust washers, sealing rings, and bearings. The Meldin 7000 series materials are also well-suited for structural component applications requiring excellent electrical or thermal insulation properties, high purity, low outgassing, and outstanding chemical resistance.
Ideal for various applications, such as aerospace finished parts, Meldin 7000 exhibits a unique combination of performance properties, including dimensional stability at high temperature, and longer life at higher loads and speeds, fortifying the overall performance of key aircraft equipment and enhancing their operational efficiency.
In addition, Meldin 7000 provides OEMs with direct access to Saint-Gobain's design and co-engineering capabilities, material testing resources, and machining expertise, providing total process control from powder-to-parts.
The Meldin® 7000 series grades include:
- Meldin 7001 – unfilled thermoset polyimide
- Meldin 7021 – 15% by weight, graphite filled thermoset polyimide
- Meldin 7211 – 15% by weight graphite/10% by weight PTFE filled thermoset polyimide
- Meldin 7022 – 40% by weight, graphite filled thermoset polyimide
- Meldin 7003 – 15% by weight, molybdenum disulfide filled thermoset polyimide
Each of the Meldin 7000 series grades is available in the form of machined finished parts, hot compression molded sheets, hot compression molded rod blanks, isostatically molded rods, and direct formed finished parts.
All Meldin 7000 series materials are also qualified to a number of proprietary customer standards as well as industry material specifications such as ASTM D6456, AMS 3644, and MIL-R-46198. In addition, Meldin 7001, 7021, 7022, and 7211 have been tested and pass the UL 94 flammability rating (V-O, 5VA), while Meldin 7001 is UL Listed for that flammability rating.
Additional Meldin polymide resins and grades are available and provide various application benefits and uses.
Features and Benefits
|Available in compression or injection molded and machined components, as well as basic shapes for the ultimate in customization and design flexibility.
- Cryogenic to +315°C for continuous, intermittently up to +482°C
- Superior strength and rigidity
- Self-lubricating properties
- Machine shop capabilities
- Design and co-engineering expertise
- Engineer-to-engineer collaboration on technical issues
- Product development
- Prototype test parts
- Material testing resources
- Rotating sealing ring
- Thrust washing ring
- ASTM D6456-99
- AMS 3644G
*Not all grades meet and comply with all specifications; Email Us to learn more.